Sunday, July 16, 2006

Starting this blog

It's been a very tense day for me here today and I figured writing about things would make a good outlet for thoughts and feelings. It might also be a nice way for me to keep in touch with people. I have been receiving emails and notes from people from all over the world today, including a phone call right now from Turkey :) Thanks guys! It really is appreciated!

So, here are the basics. My name is Anne, or Annette, or Anat (that's the actual Hebrew name). I turned 34 two days ago. I live in a small town called Pardes Hana, which is located roughly between Haifa and Tel Aviv. We live a fairly peaceful life over here, myself, my husband, my two children (aged 2.5 and 4) and our three cats. I was thinking of blogging about our daily life here for a while now, keeping a record of life, just for ourselves to look back upon in years to come, and for friends to stay in touch. I guess the events of the recent few days make for a good catalyst, so here we go :)

No comments: