Saturday, August 26, 2006

More of a mom than a blogger this week

The last week of the summer vacation... counting the days now. I get so little time to work nowdays. Sigh. At least their dad is home, and spends a lot of time with them. He is on his last week of his current place of work, then off to seek new adventures, career wise. We'll see how this goes.

I have to say, the new Middle East forums are taking up a large chunk of whatever computer time I do find. It's quite addictive, obviously not just for me lol, we just went over 1,000 posts already in a relatively short time. I find it very interesting to view things from new perspectives. Sure, sometimes those perspectives are so foreign to mine, that it can be almost frustrating. Also, people feeding from different sources of information can be challenging. Thankfully, there are still some relatively objective resources online, for us to compare notes every now and again. I am still looking forward to getting more people from the Middle East involved. We have quite a large number of Americans, Europeans and even Australians. All are very welcome and add a lot to the discussions, but I was hoping for some direct dialogue between people from the Middle East themselves.... so, if you have some "Middle Easterners" in your contact list, please drop them a word about our new hangout - http://www.metalks.com !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Israeli mom, I checked metalks an have registered already. I am an Iranian trying to make sence out all these conflicts in our region. Thanks

Mehran said...

I like you blog, keep doing good work, peace

Chanita Harel חני הראל said...

Hi,
I'm Israeli Mom too, and live between Tel Aviv and Haifa too..
Just came to say: Happy New Year!
שנה טובה