Saturday, September 02, 2006

The School Year Started Yesterday

Since both of my boys are in kindergarten, they are being re-introduced to it gradually... a couple of hours a day for the first few days. I guess we shouldn't complain. I mean, can you imagine six hours of actual work time on my computer all at once? I would probably be in a state of shock. So, they are taking it easy on me, and not letting me get back to working full time :P

Some major changes in our household starting this month. My husband is leaving his current place of employment after 18 years. He will be spending a lot of time at home with me and we still haven't decided whether he starts a new job or stays at home and helps me maintain and develop the web publishing business. The plan right now is for him to take a part-time job outside the house, help me with the business by putting in a few hours every week, and spend the rest of the time with the kids. Either way, changes are always stressful and we are hoping for a smooth adjustment over here.

Breaking away from his previous workplace, we also bought our first owned car on Thursday! We now have our own Hyundai Accent!! It's second-hand and three years old but we're thrilled with getting it :)

Don't be looking for any exciting political news on this post today. I don't remember the last time I watched the news. With the war over, I tend to look away from those things and re-focus on my family and household. I now get my share of daily politics from the Middle East Talks forums , which I find to be absolutely fascinating. We have a house guest over for the weekend as well, a lovely young man from the US of America. His name is Jack, and he's from New Mexico. Born and bred in the USA, he's a student of Arabic and speaks Arabic fluently! He is on his way back home from a six months stay in Egypt, and is choke-full of information and stories. We are having some very interesting talks at the dinner table (breakfast and lunch tables too lol). He was at an Israeli-Arab village with my father-in-law this morning, visiting a friend of my father-in-law and chatting away for a while. I have to go now, see what the plans for the rest of the day are. We may be going to visit Ceasaria with Jack, and maybe finishing it off with an evening swim in the warm water of the Mediterranean. Have a great weekend everyone and a good week after that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Israeli mom, I just wanted to say: Rosh Hashana, looking forwars to see you update.